Your homeowners policy can help if you are a victim of Identity Fraud!
Following the tips of preventing identity fraud can help in the fight, but if it happens to you, Arbella offers you protection through our optional Identity Fraud Coverage endorsement. If you have a homeowners policy with Arbella, you can purchase the endorsement for only $25 per year. It provides $15,000 of coverage to pay for expenses incurred as a direct result of identity fraud*.
Expenses include costs for:
- Notarizing fraud affidavits or similar documents
- Certified mail sent to law enforcement, financial institutions and credit agencies
- Long distance telephone charges for calls to financial or lending institutions
- or similar credit grantors, credit agencies, law enforcement or merchants
- Lost income resulting from time taken off work to meet with or talk to law
- enforcement or credit agencies (up to a maximum of $200 per day with total
- payment not to exceed $5,000)
- Loan application fees for re-applying for a loan with the application is rejected soley because the lender received incorrect credit information.
- Reasonable attorney's fees incurred to defend lawsuits brought against the insured and to remove criminal or civil judgments.