Download Forms

Download Adobe Reader

Duplicate Title Request

Please follow the instructions found on the top of the form for completing the application.You may bring the completed form, appropriate fee and lien release (if applicable), to any full service RMV branch office or mail everything to the address on the form. Read more

Sales Tax Exemption Form (if transferring vehicle among family members).

You are exempt from paying sales tax on a vehicle transferred from any of the following family members: father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife, son, daughter. The exemption does not apply if transferred from a grandparent, cousin, uncle or aunt. The vehicle involved in the transfer may either be purchased by you or given to you as a gift from the family member. Read more

Sales Tax Exemption Form (if transferring vehicle as a gift).

You may be exempt from paying sales tax on a vehicle transferred to you as a gift from another person. The person transferring the vehicle must have satisfied the tax laws of the state where the vehicle was registered and/or titled. In addition to the title and registration fees, a $25 fee will be collected at the time the vehicle is titled/registered. Read more

Application to Renew Registration

Use this form to change your insurance company, to reinstate your insurance, swap to a different plate, amend information on your registration, or to renew your registration. Do not use the RMV-3 Form if there are any changes in ownership or you are requesting a summer/winter swap. In these cases, an original application for title (RMV-1 form) must be completed. Read more

Change of Address Form

This form is to be used to inform the RMV of a change of address.. Read more

Notarized Affidavit for Correction

If a Title is incorrect or needs to be changed, you may request to amend the Title.

You should never try to manually correct or alter any information on the front of the Title. A Certificate of Title that has been altered or defaced will be considered void by the Registry. You must apply for an amended Title with the correct information. Read more


Affidavit for Cancellation of Registraton for Lost Plate(s)

Download a Lost Plate Affidavit form (C-19) or go to any full service RMV branch office and fill out the form.

If you go to a Branch, the form will be stamped at that time or you may mail the completed C-19 form to the address above. Your stamped C-19 will be mailed back to you with the Registrar's stamp.

Make a photocopy for your insurance company and keep the original for your own records.
You need to provide the Assessor's Office from your town with a copy of your plate cancellation receipt and documentation on the whereabouts of your vehicle so they can process any excise tax adjustment that may be due. Read more


Affidavit of Surviving Spouse